Thursday, October 20, 2011

Another part-time job

I love my job. Sometimes it's boring, like math class, but I've really started to like my other set of juniors. I totally thought they were freshmen for a whole month till I realized the class is English 3. Oops...

There are 3 students that I see everyday. One of them is extraordinarily awesome and makes me sane. He does his work but still manages to be normal and fun. There are other students I really connect with - most of them except the ones that no one else connects with. For example, one kid totally jokes with me, but at the same time, he listens. In return, I also feel comfortable joking with him and telling him what he needs to do. I think I'm a really good position there.

I just need to make sure I don't focus entirely on one student or a set of students. Thankfully, there are several of us and I suppose it is my job to work with small groups and one-on-one. But I would like to be more aware of my surroundings. I tend to get too engrossed in working with several students rather than the whole class.

Next week, I start another job. Another part-timer. I'm selling ladies' active wear. I haven't worked in sales since 2006 and I have never worn this line of clothing. In the nearby area, this store is actually smaller and has less appeal than two bigger brands, but the pay is pretty good for the position... and I won't have to organize a large store. :)

I slept in today and did a "Slim in 6 Burn It Up" video workout after work.



Brunch: homemade breakfast burrito AGAIN
Afternoon snack: 2 pork meatballs, chantilly
Dinner: Not sure yet...
Nighttime snack: Apple with peanut butter!

The rest of the night: shower, figure out dinner, return movie, read!

No comments:

Post a Comment