Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What happened this morning.

This morning, this happened.

Oatmeal protein pancakes topped with applesauce
 

Then, this, which was extremely exciting.
(source

After some warming up, I surprised myself. It was easier than a regular chaturanga. That doesn't sound right...

At work, I'm anticipating the arrival of the one-on-one any day now. I'm a classroom aide and want to go back to my kiddos. The only saving grace this year was the chance to work with my favorite and I haven't been able to I finally got to today!

Though, once the one-on-ones start coming, I lose the cool computer class and the awesome general ed freshmen I've gotten to know. :( Instead, I'll work with some awesome but unpredictable juniors.

Juniors have always been my favorite, but I've realized I also like freshmen. Okay, I just like them all because my former freshmen and juniors are now sophomores and seniors and I still love them. :) The seniors, in particular, have shown such growth since last fall.

I've learned so much working in mild/moderate special education. I especially love the community of it - we all know each other and the students much better in our smaller classes than we would in a class of 38 (very realistic and scary big).

After work, I picked up a new book on hold for me at the library: The Violets of March by Sarah Jio. I've seen the book on other blogs but wasn't quite enticed by the back cover.

I stopped by Sensitive Sweets for a little thumbprint goodness to satisfy my cookie craving. Small but super cheap and filling.

Hopefully, this will make me less angry about waiting for someone.

My biggest pet peeve in the world: waiting for other people when we've set a time to go. I end up going by myself whenever I'm ready, which is usually sooner than later.

I'll try to focus on studying. Wish I was lifting things and throwing them instead...

What is your biggest pet peeve?
What's your best accomplishment today?

2 comments:

  1. That pancake looks delicious! My biggest pet peeve is the sound of people breathing loudly... ew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing!! I wish I could have those. My biggest pet peeve is people who repeat things. I feel like i heard you three times before but I have not answered you for a reason. lol it drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete