Monday, September 3, 2012

MIMM: September goals & house hunting


Done with a longer than usual week at school. Done with the weekend part of Labor Day weekend.

It has been rather sunny and cloudless.

 I even walked to yoga today.
 

I came out of this week with some conclusions: a) I love working at the high school and wish this was a real, full-time job and b) the financial part of buying a house is doable but oh-so-daunting. It takes the fun out of it.

We looked at 9 houses today and liked 2. Sadly, one house is out of our price range and has multiple offers after a week on the market!

Here's the house that is possible.


I get too excited. There are so many more sketches in my notebook.

I even whipped out Domino: The Book of Decorating and browsed on my Pinterest. I organized my pins this morning. All my boards have new covers. :)

I've snacked a lot lately. Lots of protein-rich foods, including PB&J bars. I had 4 bars, but it's super good and super healthy.

This was okay. I don't need Greek yogurt...

I replaced Greek yogurt with pumpkin "cheesecake" mousse made with 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup almond milk, a tablespoon of vanilla pudding mix, and free packets of stevia. *Bonus: cottage cheese is cheaper!

I don't eat as much frozen yogurt anymore. Maybe 2-3 times a month...

I love tea! I can make my own though instead of paying $1.29 for them...

I bought my cousin a strawberry puff, a mini tart for mom, and an Earl Grey macaron for myself.

However, the days of careless spending will soon be gone as we vie for the dream.

Sigh...

Which is why I'm digging deep for my meals this week.

Tuna nori rolls are cheap.

Meal Plan Monday

Monday
m1 - hemp waffle + 2 egg whites
m2 - veggie burger Flatout
m3 - apple + carrots
m4 - tuna nori roll
m5 - PB & J bar (4)

Tuesday
m1 - breakfast cookie
m2 - tuna Flatout
m3 - string cheese
m4 - salmon nori roll
m5 - PB & J bar (2)

Wednesday
m1 - egg white oats
m2 - veggie burger Flatout
m3 - string cheese + PB & J bar (2)
m4 - tuna nori roll
m5 - pumpkin cheesecake mousse

Thursday
m1 - hemp waffle + 2 egg whites
m2 - fish ceviche
m3 - PB & J bar (2)
m4 - quinoa
m5 - pumpkin cheesecake mousse

Friday
m1 - TIU protein pancake
m2 - fish ceviche
m3 - PB & J bar (2)
m4 - quinoa
m5 - pumpkin cheesecake mousse

Saturday
m1 - egg white oats
m2 - shrimp spring rolls
m3 - PB & J bar (2)
m4 - quinoa
m5 - pumpkin cheesecake mousse

Sunday
m1 - egg white oats
m2 - shrimp spring rolls
m3 - Paleo Morning Glory muffin/Larabar, if out
m4 - quinoa
m5 - open :)

Workout Plan
  • Monday - Spartacus workout or 8:45 BodyPump, maybe 10:00 BodyFlow or yoga
  • Tuesday - 8:30 BodyStep
  • Wednesday - 8:00 yoga
  • Thursday - 8:30 BodyAttack
  • Friday - 8:45 BodyPump
  • Saturday - Spartacus workout or circuit training at Gold's
  • Sunday - 9:30 Zumba, 10:30 yoga
September goals, simplified.
  • Study a ton. Tomorrow, chapter 4.
  • Read 2 books.
  • Stay afloat with $ since I won't be paid until next month for working this month... 
Also, it's ridiculous that I made a good amount this summer from working at the fair but have nothing left... I did use half of it to pay loans and $300 to fix my car so that really wasn't much if I include my other bills. Except, I got paid from the school in July.

When it comes down to it, I can manage. I'm the same with time - give me less and I can still do everything. Give me more time and I still manage to use it all.

Can't do anything about the past so let's just focus on the present and future...

Hey! Did you realize there were no food or fitness goals? That's because I'm feeling pretty good about where I am. I'm not gaining but losing slowly. I feel good about my workouts and my eats too. There's bigger fish to fry.

I won't ask you how you save because all this money talk makes me sad. Instead, what are your September goals? How would you describe your decorating style? I love mid-century modern!

No comments:

Post a Comment