Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book review: The Violets of March

I read a book in 2 days. That's a shocker. The only book I've read so quickly was The Notebook when I was in high school in a 1 day, 6 hour marathon. It probably took me 6 hours to read this book as well.

I loved The Violets of March.
 
(source)

Here's a bit of a spoiler, but really, I'm just no good at writing these book review posts.

The story starts off with a divorce and the main character's grieving period on a real-life island near Seattle. Hello Nicholas Sparks on the west coast!

She uncovers a family secret, a juicy love + missing person mystery.

Mysteries really get me even though I never think they will.

And of course, she falls in love herself.

The biggest draw wasn't so much her finding love - I didn't care.

I wanted more of the mystery solved though! This happens all the time with mysteries don't they? Except with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series - the author tried to answer every possible question there (too much)!

I got so excited about reading another book after this.

...and that's my review. Read it because I woke up an hour earlier than I had to (naturally). :/

On my to-do list today:
  • Shop for my fall swap buddy! :) If I finish, I can send it today too. Target first!
  • Yoga and arms, but today's a rest day so we shall see... 
  • Visit my family. 
P.S. I just don't get the whole craze. Anyone?
(source)

What books have you read in 2 days or less?
Have you tried the Gangnam style dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment