Sunday, July 3, 2011

Farewell & early birthday

Happy long weekend! We're having my farewell and birthday celebrations here.

PART I

I don't want to talk about it too much so here's a quick snippet.

5:30PM Vinsite with Eliza for a wine tasting. We each bought a bottle of Vevi from Spain.


(image from Vine Merchants)

~6PM Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro

I had the Dark Oasis (rum, passion fruit puree, cayenne, etc) and Summer Solstice (gin, strawberries, etcetera).

Eliza and I chatted for a long time. I got a little tipsy.

~7:30-8:30 Walked around because my friends are late. Always.

~8:30PM Thirsty Monk with CeCe, her boyfriend Joel, and sister Kendra


I got a flight of dark beers.

My former co-worker Nathan and his wife Anna came by.


Then my girl Sarah and her husband, Jason, who used to work at the preschool years ago!


Finally, Yancey arrived.

~10PM French Broad Chocolate Lounge where I had an Ultimate Ice Cream maple and bacon ice cream float with coconutty beer

PART II

Today was spent hungover, baking/cooking, and eating burgers over at Robbie & Svitlana's. Jeff, Kyle, and my roommate were the guests.




I made a banana and coconut pancake cake. I used anything I could find at home in between the layers: banana, strawberries, blackberries, apple butter, caramel cream, chocolate pastilles...






Gluten-free and vegan Mojito cupcakes worked! I decided to try cake pops thanks to a tip from Ian from Sugarbomb Bakery: tap off excess chocolate.


Jeff loved Hungry Girl's sassy Southwest egg rolls, a recipe reminiscent of Chili's item by the same name. Easy and good. I used fiber-packed tortillas. I forgot to take a picture before they were all consumed.


(image from Hungry Girl)

I skewered some fruit (bananas and apples) then put some coconut shreds and chocolate on top.

They bought so much meat that Yancey had 2 more burgers for dinner. I had one patty with spinach.

Sorry Yance, this is not a good picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment