Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIAW: One cake, many uses

Spooky Snacks and Healthy Halloween Treats

For dinner last night, at work, I made a version of Healthy Lobster Mac & Cheese. The recipe is really simple. I had everything except lobster so I used shrimp instead.

My cousin bought me sweet chili Quaker popped rice snacks last night. Much better than his sour cream and onion choice. I ate some but brought it to work with me, which meant one of my kids ate it all. :)

Breakfast this morning with Walden Farms' blueberry syrup. Not as fantastic as the pancake syrup. I'll have to get over it. I used a little less to decrease my sugar intake.

After reading this article on adrenal fatigue, I bought myself calcium, magnesium, and zinc supplement along with a big ol' bottle of green tea. This put me over my budget for the week so it'll go over to next week's.

We got a couple of boxed cake mixes: strawberry and Funfetti.

I made the strawberry cake using Hungry Girl's tip: 1 cup Greek yogurt and 1 cup water. I baked 3/4 of the batter and 1/4 is leftover in the fridge for later.

Ideas for the baked portion:



Because of the Greek yogurt in the mix already, the cake was moist enough that I didn't need a binder. Although you can use Greek yogurt and white chocolate mix binder as suggested in the above link.

I spent all that time making cake pops and looking up ideas for mini layer cakes that I didn't make my dinner for tomorrow! Yikes.

I also studied and finished reviewing 1 of the 3 sections on the big test. I had an AHA! moment with one of the concepts too!

The next section is particularly hard but the last is easier.

...and I did it all while watching "Dexter."
 
(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment