Saturday, October 13, 2012

Spaghetti [squash] & meatballs

Truth: I've never eaten a spaghetti squash.

I once or twice bought a butternut squash to make Hungry Girl's chili cheese fries. They were good. My roommate liked them too.

Well today, I bought a spaghetti squash and today, I'm going to eat it. Not all of it just some.

I bought my squash at Trader Joe's for just $2.29. It weights maybe 5 pounds.

I never had a hammer before, but it makes so much sense.

The squash was too big to fit into our mini oven.

Instead, I chopped it up and microwaved it. Much faster too.

My meatballs were super plain because I figure they'll succumb to the sauce anyways.

I went with Trader Joe's 96% lean ground beef, one small onion, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and cracked red pepper.

I forgot pasta sauce so swung by Sprouts for their brand of tomato basil pasta sauce.


My dinner was yummy.

Give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment