Saturday, June 2, 2012

Real home: bedroom ideas

We're looking to get a house within the next year and I'm getting excited about all the possibilities. Okay, I won't live in one of my dream homes, but I can make it my dream home. Instead of rushing it and wasting money, I really want to plan step by step. Some of my favorite homes are typical - Making It Lovely and Young House Love's current home.

I decided to start with my bedroom and a few of my favorites from Pinterest and other blogs.

Okay, this looks like a dorm, but I like the color on the ceiling and the coziness of this room.



I love this color on walls!


Some lights would be nice.
Source: imgfave.com via Julie on Pinterest


And for a dresser...


Cheap DIY of an Ikea dresser.
Source: ohdeedoh.com via Julie on Pinterest


Pieces
  • Bed, obviously. I just need a simple frame.
  • Dresser
  • Nightstand(s) with a place for books
  • Decorative pieces: mirror (see below), lamps for nightstands, ceiling lamp, some sort of art (goes with theme)
  • Pintuck sheets maybe
Theme/color scheme
To keep me company: 

Source: wanelo.com via Julie on Pinterest

A mirror just like this!

An alarm clock/radio for my iPhone. Not necessary.

My room's about me!

(source)

Thankfully the bedroom is simple.


What do you have in your bedroom?
How do you decorate your room?

No comments:

Post a Comment