Friday, April 15, 2011

My favorite combination of food

I woke up for boot camp class and decided not to go. It's rough because I've been working out in the mornings everyday for a few weeks. However, class is earlier today at 4:30 so it'll be okay.

Instead, I woke up and read a little before going downtown for coffee at Old Europe. I went to the grocery store to buy bananas and OJ for breakfast.

This morning, I watched the "Best Wake-Up Call" episode of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate." The first dish was Bobby Flay's favorite, peanut butter and banana stuffed French toast, from Cafe 222. They featured the recipe and it's also on the cafe's website.



I wanted to make my roommate banana macadamia nut pancakes since it's about the same (with the bananas and all), but sadly, I failed at making pancakes 3 times. I couldn't flip the pancake and I suppose the heat the pan to the appropriate temperature.

The white chocolate creme anglaise turned out well so I just made French toast, dipped it in the leftover batter from my brunch, and topped it with banana slices, macadamia nuts, and the creme anglaise.



Okay, the problem is that my roommate just woke up about an hour after I made it and it'll be cold and soggy. Oh well, his lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment